Latest CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus 2020-2021(Reduced 30%) pdf
Class 12 Maths Syllabus has been reduced by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Students who are going to appear for the 12th board exams which will be held in April 2021 as per the CBSE class 12 date sheet should look into Latest CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus (Reduced 30%) can download it the updated Syllabus of CBSE Class 12 Maths from here. To cope with the current scenario. CBSE has reduced the syllabus of maths by 30%. The idea behind the revised syllabus is to allow students to cover the main topics in this adversity. The students should also remember that the reduction is only for the 2020-2021 exam curriculum. The reduced and updated syllabus of maths subjects for 2021 exams can be downloaded from below. deleted syllabus of CBSE class 12 maths exercise-wise is also provided below for students to take reference.
The year 2020 has been challenging both for teachers and students. To overcome the spread of pandemic Covid-19 disease, the school and colleges have been providing online classes to all their students. Students continually struggled with low internet speed, power cuts, and unnecessary distraction while relay of online classes. This ultimately resulted in chaos and left students incompetent and unprepared. This is where Vidyasetu comes in. Students can also find Free NCERT Class 12 Maths solutions and Class 12 Commerce Books and class 12 commerce sample papers for free in pdf form for reference.
We are a free online library for Class XII students. We provide the updated class 12e Maths syllabus, Maths books, maths question paper blueprint, Maths marking scheme, Maths practice manuals, exemplar problems all in one place. We are first to provide the updated study material to our readers.
In the 21st learning era, where conceptual understanding is a must, we provide free video classes on youtube by the best faculties. These classes explain each chapter of maths in such a manner that the students develop a deep understanding of every single topic in the coming syllabus of maths.
Download Revised CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Class 11 and 12 curriculum is a go-together course. Whatever subject Students opt-in class 11th stays with them till class 12. So there is no said rule on how you go further with professional studies. Vidyasetu tries to provide a complete conceptual understanding of subjects and the CBSE Syllabus for Class 12.
Download (Reduced) CBSE 12th Maths Syllabus 2020-21 in PDF
Class 12th Maths is a very important subject for commerce, science students. Students prefer maths subjects to pursue their dream of becoming engineers, software engineers, technicians. The syllabus will help to gain a conceptual understanding of basic concepts and principles applied in day-to-day work. It will help you to excel with problem-solving skills and process the right solutions.
Class 12 Maths NCERT syllabus 2021 in PDF format
Students should download the complete class 12 maths Syllabus for NCERT and ignore the reduced syllabus from the list and save time and effort. The ideal way of doing it is to mark the reduced syllabus boldly in your NCERT books and notes and skip those chapters while preparing for exams.
CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for Maths 2020-21- Chapter-wise Weightage
CBSE Class 12 mathematics syllabus provided here is completely updated with latest additions and reductions in the syllabus. Studnets can refer to the solutions and other study materials as well. Maths is an individual subject which can be studied either with commerce stream or arts stream, students from commerce field can also visit Class 12 Commerce Syllabus as well as you can also visit CBSE Class 12 syllabus for other subjects.
|No.||Units||No. of Periods||Marks|
|I.||Relations and Functions||17||08|
|IV.||Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry||26||14|
Download latest class 12 maths syllabus 2020-21: Brief Review
Unit-I: Relations and Functions
- Relations and Functions
Types of relations: reflexive, symmetric, transitive, and equivalence relations. One to one and onto functions.
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions-Definition, range, domain, principal value branch.
Concept, notation, order, equality, types of matrices, zero and identity matrix, transpose of a matrix, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices. Operation on matrices: Addition and multiplication and multiplication with a scalar. Simple properties of addition, multiplication, and scalar multiplication. Non Commutativity of multiplication of matrices, Invertible matrices; (Here all matrices will have real entries).
- Determinants- Determinants of a square matrix (up to 3 x 3 matrices), minors, cofactors, and applications of determinants in finding the area of a triangle. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix. solving a system of linear equations in two or three variables (having unique solutions) using the inverse of a matrix.
- Continuity and DifferentiabilityContinuity and differentiability, a derivative of composite functions, chain rule, a derivative of inverse trigonometric functions, derivative of implicit functions. Concept of exponential and logarithmic functions. Derivatives of logarithmic and exponential functions. Logarithmic differentiation, derivative of functions expressed in parametric forms. Second-order derivatives.
- Applications of DerivativesApplications of derivatives: increasing/decreasing functions, tangents and normals, maxima and minima (first derivative test motivated geometrically and second derivative test given as a provable tool). Simple problems (that illustrate basic principles and understanding of the subject as well as real-life situations).
Unit-IV: Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
- VectorsVectors and scalars, magnitude and direction of a vector. Direction cosines and direction ratios of a vector. Types of vectors (equal, unit, zero, parallel and collinear vectors), position vector of a point, negative of a vector, components of a vector, the addition of vectors, multiplication of a vector by a scalar, position vector of a point dividing a line segment in a given ratio. Definition, Geometrical Interpretation, properties, and application of scalar (dot) product of vectors, vector (cross) product of vectors.
- Three – dimensional GeometryDirection cosines and direction ratios of a line joining two points. Cartesian equation and vector equation of a line, coplanar and skew lines, the shortest distance between two lines. Cartesian and vector equation of a plane. The distance of a point from a plane.
Unit-V: Linear Programming
- Linear ProgrammingIntroduction, related terminology such as constraints, objective function, optimization, different types of linear programming (L.P.) problems. graphical method of solution for problems in two variables, feasible and infeasible regions (bounded), feasible and infeasible solutions, optimal feasible solutions (up to three non-trivial constraints).
- Probability Conditional probability, multiplication theorem on probability, independent events, total probability, Bayes’ theorem, Random variable and its probability distribution.
What’s updated in the 2021 CBSE Class 12th Maths Syllabus?
Maths is now no more only for engineers. The growing trend of coding language needs every student to be well versed with the maths syllabus. To cope up with the current scenario of learning, CBSE has updated the syllabus of Maths for the 2021 batch to make it compatible with international standards.
- The updated syllabus is in accordance with National Curriculum Framework 2005.
- Included topics related to day-to-day problems.
- Emphasis on creating application skillset on various concepts.
- Try to meet the growing needs of students from all streams by following the Focus Group on Teaching of Mathematics 2005 guidelines.
Deleted Topics From CBSE 12th Maths Syllabus 2020-21
|Unit Name||Deleted Topics|
|Unit – 1: Relations and Functions|
Relations and Functions
Inverse Trigonometric Functions
| Composite functions, the inverse of a function|
Graphs of inverse trigonometric functions
Elementary properties of inverse trigonometric functions
|Unit – 2: Algebra|
| Existence of non-zero matrices whose product is the zero matrix|
Concept of elementary row and column operations
Proof of the uniqueness of inverse, if it exists
|Unit – 3: Calculus|
Continuity and Differentiability
Applications of Derivatives, Integrals
Applications of the Integrals
| Rolle’s and Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems (without proof) and their geometric interpretation|
Rate of change of bodies, use of derivatives in approximation
Definite integrals as a limit of a sum
Area between any of the two above said curves
Formation of differential equation whose general solution is given
Solutions of linear differential equation of the type:
dx/dy + px = q, where p and q are function of y or constant
|Unit – 4: Vectors and Three- Dimensional Geometry|
Three – dimensional Geometry
| Scalar triple product of vectors|
Angle between (i) two lines, (ii) two planes, (iii) a line and a plane
|Unit – 5: Linear Programming|
| Mathematical formulation of L.P. problems|
|Unit – 6: Probability|
|Mean and variance of random variable. Binomial probability distribution.|
CBSE class 12 Mathematics Syllabus and Exam Pattern in PDF
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
|Maximum Marks||80 marks|
|Total No. of Questions||36|
|Type of Questions||Very Short Answer – 1 mark|
|Short Answer – 2 marks|
|Long Answer I – 4 marks|
|Long Answer – 6 marks|
Important Things regarding CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus
CBSE has also scheduled periodic tests for students who have opted Maths as one of their papers in academic group A. Periodic test is similar to a written exam taken in your school by your respective subject teacher. According to CBSE class 12 toppers these periodic tests are important and have huge impact on class 12 results. Studnets should also make sure to solve maths important questions more than once for better preparation.
- When will the periodic test forClass 12th Maths paper be held?
There will be 3 periodic test in the entire Academic Year,First test will be known as Pre Mid-term (PT-I) and will be held tentatively in the Month
Second test will be known as Test Mid-term (PT-II) and will be held tentatively in the Month
Third test will be known as PostMid-term (PT-III) and will be held tentatively in the Month
- What will be the format of the periodic Test held for CBSE Class 12th Maths paper? The periodic test paper will include questions for very short answers (VSA), short answers (SA) and long answers (LA). This will help to assess students to effectively assess the students conceptual knowledge,their application and analytical skills and evaluation and synthesis skills.There can be other sorts of questions too.
Detailed Marking Scheme for Maths Syllabus 2021
The detailed marking scheme of Maths subject is provided here. The CBSE has deleted some topics from the syllabus for 2021. Students should avoid those deleted topics and primarily focus on high weightage chapters. Students must also go through the Previous year’s Question paper of Class 12 Maths.
Some tips to prepare for Class 12th maths subject:
- Should practise more problems from the exercises.
- Evaluation and presentation skill will be assessed in internal assessment
- Determinants, Practice more to learn the formulas and derivations and to solve differential equations.
- Understand the theory behind every equation for strong conceptual understanding
|Relations and Functions||Chapter 1-2 of Book 1||08|
|Algebra||Chapter 3-4 Of Book 1||10|
|Calculus||Chapter 5-6 Of Book 1||35|
|Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry||Chapter 10-11 Of Book 2||14|
|Linear Programming||Chapter 12 Of Book 2||05|
|Probability||Chapter 13 Of Book 2||08|
|Periodic Tests ( Best 2 out of 3 tests conducted)||10|
|Mathematics Activities||For all chapters||10|
|Total marks||100 marks|
Class 12th 2020-21 Maths Prescribe Books
We are hereby providing the NCERT book list for the entire Maths syllabus of cbse class XII. Students can download the pdf books
Book 1: Mathematics Part I – Textbook for Class XII, NCERT Publication– free download
Book 2: Mathematics Part II – Textbook for Class XII, NCERT Publication – free download
Mathematics Lab Manual class XII,2021
Mathematics Lab Manual class XII, published by NCERT- free download
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Maths Solutions
Download Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Class XII,2021 issued by CBSE for more practice for maths problems.
Subscribe for our free videos for CBSE class 12th Maths chapters wise study.
Why Study with VidyaSetu Learning
Designed and Developed by the experienced and specialized subject teacher.
Recorded Video Lectures.
Study Anywhere & Anytime with the High Quality Recorded Video Lectures
Doubt Solving Facility.
Ask your doubts related to any subject and get answers from the Expert Faculties of VidyaSetu
Quality Study Material.
Get the best comprehensive study material suitable for CBSE, State Board, ICSE, NCERT Preparation.
Online Mock Test Paper
With Schedules online Test Series, students get the chance to practice more & score more marks.
Modes Of Learning.
Unlimited learning mode in form of Free Downloads of Videos on MOBILE, USB, LAPTOP & TABLET.
CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus as per NCERT is provided in the post above so that students while going through the syllabus do not face any problem of understanding. The latest CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus 2020-21 provides the students with all updations and also all the deleted topics which are not included in this year’s curriculum. Students should also make sure to go through the CBSE Class 12 maths sample papers, and sample papers for other subjects as well.
Frequently Asked Questions- CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus
Q1. How do I get the syllabus of maths class 12?
Ans- The maths class 12 syllabus has been updated due to the current pandemic situation, you can find the updated CBSE Class 12 maths syllabus and deleted topics on this page above.
Q2. What’s the deleted syllabus of class 12th maths 2020-21?
Ans- The deleted syllabus for class 12 of every chapter can be found on the page above with chapter-wise weightage, marking scheme, and paper pattern.