CBSE Class 12th Math Syllabus, Books, Exemplar, blueprints 2020-2021
Syllabus of CBSE Class XII Maths
Students who are going to appear for the 12th board exams which will be held in March 2022 can download the updated syllabus from here.To cope with the current scenario. CBSE has reduced the syllabus of maths by 30%. The idea behind the revised syllabus is to allow students to cover the main topics in this adversity. The students should also remember that the reduction is only for the 2020-2021 exam curriculum. The reduced and updated syllabus of maths subjects for 2021 exams can be downloaded from below.
The year 2020 has been challenging both for teachers and students. To overcome the spread of pandemic Covid-19 disease, the school and colleges have been providing online classes to all their students. Students continually struggled with low internet speed, power cuts and unnecessary distraction while relay of online classes. This ultimately resulted in chaos and left students incompetent and unprepared. This is where Vidyasetu comes in.
We are a free online library for Class XII students. We provide the updated class 12 th Maths syllabus, Maths books, maths question paper blueprint, Maths marking scheme, Maths practise manuals, exemplar problems all at one place. We are first to provide the updated study material to our readers.
In the 21st learning era, where conceptual understanding is a must, we provide free video classes on youtube by the best faculties. These classes explain each chapter of maths in such a manner that the students develop a deep understanding about every single topic in the coming syllabus of maths.
Download Reduced Syllabus for Class 12th 2020-21 Maths
CBSE Class XI and XII is a go together course.Whatever subject Students opt in class XI stays till class XII. So there is no said rule on how you go further with professional studies. Vidyasetu tries to provide complete conceptual understanding of subjects and CBSE Syllabus for class XII.
Download CBSE Syllabus for Academics Elective of Group A Maths
Class 12th Maths is a very important subject for commerce, science students. Students prefer maths subjects to pursue their dream of becoming engineer, software engineer, technicians. The syllabus will help to gain conceptual understanding of basic concepts and principles applied in day to day work. It will help you to excel with problem solving skills and process the right solutions.
Reduced Syllabus For CBSE 11th 2020-2021
Students should download the complete syllabus and ignore reduced syllabus from the list and save time and efforts.The ideal way of doing it is marking the reduced syllabus boldly in your NCERT books and notes and skip those chapters while preparing for exams.
Unit-I: Relations and Functions
- Relations and Functions
Types of relations: reflexive, symmetric, transitive and equivalence relations. One to one and onto functions.
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
Definition, range, domain, principal value branch.
Concept, notation, order, equality, types of matrices, zero and identity matrix, transpose of a matrix, symmetric and skew symmetric matrices. Operation on matrices: Addition and multiplication and multiplication with a scalar. Simple properties of addition, multiplication and scalar multiplication. Non Commutativity of multiplication of matrices, Invertible matrices; (Here all matrices will have real entries).
Determinants of a square matrix (up to 3 x 3 matrices), minors, cofactors and applications of determinants in finding the area of a triangle. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix. solving a system of linear equations in two or three variables (having unique solutions) using inverse of a matrix.
- Continuity and Differentiability
Continuity and differentiability, derivative of composite functions, chain rule, derivative of inverse trigonometric functions, derivative of implicit functions. Concept of exponential and logarithmic functions. Derivatives of logarithmic and exponential functions. Logarithmic differentiation, derivative of functions expressed in parametric forms. Second order derivatives.
‘2. Applications of Derivatives
Applications of derivatives: increasing/decreasing functions, tangents and normals, maxima and minima (first derivative test motivated geometrically and second derivative test given as a provable tool). Simple problems (that illustrate basic principles and understanding of the subject as well as real life situations).
Unit-IV: Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
Vectors and scalars, magnitude and direction of a vector. Direction cosines and direction ratios of a vector. Types of vectors (equal, unit, zero, parallel and collinear vectors), position vector of a point, negative of a vector, components of a vector, addition of vectors, multiplication of a vector by a scalar, position vector of a point dividing a line segment in a given ratio. Definition, Geometrical Interpretation, properties and application of scalar (dot) product of vectors, vector (cross) product of vectors.
- Three – dimensional Geometry
Direction cosines and direction ratios of a line joining two points. Cartesian equation and vector equation of a line, coplanar and skew lines, shortest distance between two lines. Cartesian and vector equation of a plane. Distance of a point from a plane.
Unit-V: Linear Programming
- Linear Programming
Introduction, related terminology such as constraints, objective function, optimization, different types of linear programming (L.P.) problems. graphical method of solution for problems in two variables, feasible and infeasible regions (bounded), feasible and infeasible solutions, optimal feasible solutions (up to three non-trivial constraints).
- Probability Conditional probability, multiplication theorem on probability, independent events, total probability, Bayes’ theorem, Random variable and its probability distribution.
What’s updated in the 2021 CBSE Class 12th Maths Syllabus?
Maths is now no more only for engineers. The growing trend of coding language needs every student to be well versed with maths syllabus. To cope up with the current scenario of learning, CBSE has updated the syllabus of Maths for the 2021 batch to make it compatible with international standards.
- The updated syllabus is in accordance with National Curriculum Framework 2005
- Included topics related to day to day problems.
- Emphasis on creating application skillset on various concepts.
- Try to meet the growing needs of students from all streams by following the Focus Group on Teaching of Mathematics 2005 guidelines..
Important Things regarding CBSE 12th class Scheme of Studies for Maths.
CBSE has also scheduled periodic tests for students who have opted Maths as one of their papers in academic group A. Periodic test is similar to a written exam taken in your school by your respective subject teacher.
- When will the periodic test forClass 12th Maths paper be held?
There will be 3 periodic test in the entire Academic Year,First test will be known as Pre Mid-term (PT-I) and will be held tentatively in the Month
Second test will be known as Test Mid-term (PT-II) and will be held tentatively in the Month
Third test will be known as PostMid-term (PT-III) and will be held tentatively in the Month
- What will be the format of the periodic Test held for CBSE Class 12th Maths paper?The periodic test paper will include questions for very short answers (VSA), short answers (SA) and long answers (LA). This will help to assess students to effectively assess the students conceptual knowledge,their application and analytical skills and evaluation and synthesis skills.There can be other sorts of questions too.
- What will be the marking scheme in the periodic Test held for CBSE Class 12th Maths paper?Every PT will be held for 10 marks each. Average of the marks will be added in the final mark sheet. Once all the three PT are completed the best two marks will be considered and the average of the two will be added in the final.
According to the CBSE circular no.Acad-05/2017, the students will get a simple record of their PT performance.
Detailed Marking Scheme for Maths Syllabus 2021
The detailed marking scheme of Maths subject is provided here. The CBSE has deleted some topics from the syllabus for 2021. Students should avoid those deleted topics and primarily focus on high weightage chapters.
Some tips to prepare for Class 12th maths subject:
- Should practise more problems from the exercises.
- Evaluation and presentation skill will be assessed in internal assessment
- Practice more to learn the formulas and derivations and to solve differential equations.
- Understand the theory behind every equation for strong conceptual understanding.
|Relations and Functions||Chapter 1-2 of Book 1||08|
|Algebra||Chapter 3-4 Of Book 1||10|
|Calculus||Chapter 5-6 Of Book 1||35|
|Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry||Chapter 10-11 Of Book 2||14|
|Linear Programming||Chapter 12 Of Book 2||05|
|Probability||Chapter 13 Of Book 2||08|
|Periodic Tests ( Best 2 out of 3 tests conducted)||10|
|Mathematics Activities||For all chapters||10|
|Total marks||100 marks|
Class 12th 2020-21 Maths Prescribe Books
We are hereby providing the NCERT book list for the entire Maths syllabus of cbse class XII. Students can download the pdf books
Book 1: Mathematics Part I – Textbook for Class XII, NCERT Publication– free download
Book 2: Mathematics Part II – Textbook for Class XII, NCERT Publication – free download
Mathematics Lab Manual class XII,2021
Mathematics Lab Manual class XII, published by NCERT- free download
Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Class XII,2021
Download Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Class XII,2021 issued by CBSE for more practise for maths problems.
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 1(Relations And Functions)
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 2(Inverse Trigonometric Functions)
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 3(Matrices)
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 4(Determinants)
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 5(Continuity And Differentiability)
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 6(Application Of Derivatives)
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 10(Vector Algebra)
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 11(Three Dimensional Geometry)
- Download now Mathematics Exemplar Problem for Unit 12(Linear Programming)
Subscribe for our free videos for CBSE class 12th Maths chapters wise study.
WHY STUDY WITH VIDYASETU?
Designed and Developed by the experienced and specialized subject teacher.
Recorded Video Lectures.
Study Anywhere & Anytime with the High Quality Recorded Video Lectures
Doubt Solving Facility.
Ask your doubts related to any subject and get answers from the Expert Faculties of VidyaSetu
Quality Study Material.
Get the best comprehensive study material suitable for CBSE, State Board, ICSE, NCERT Preparation.
Online Mock Test Paper
With Schedules online Test Series, students get the chance to practice more & score more marks.
Modes Of Learning.
Unlimited learning mode in form of Free Downloads of Videos on MOBILE, USB, LAPTOP & TABLET.